Performance Improvement Coordinator
VCU Health System
VCU Health System-Children's Hospital of Richmond (CHoR), Brook Road Campus, is seeking a full time Performance Improvement Coordinator to provide leadership, facilitation, coordination and education for performance improvement activities and groups within the VCU Health System. Using proven PI and statistical tools and methods, assists in designing projects, coordinating and/or performing data collection, analyzing and reporting/interpreting data results (when appropriate, uses statistical process control), developing and implementing action plans and documenting the project and outcomes in written format. Assists in identifying performance improvement opportunities within the organization, prioritizing the opportunities, collaborating with leaders and clinicians, planning and initiating intervention collaboratively and independently, and monitoring the impact.
- Observes clinical practice to evaluate compliance with accreditation, licensure or legal requirements of the provision of care in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Shares findings from quality and compliance reviews with appropriate leaders or committees that support implementation of effective action plans.
- Serves as a resource to staff by educating, observing and coaching related to patient safety and compliance.
- Works closely with Medical Staff Committees, programs, departments and other work groups to identify improvement initiatives and assess clinical practice.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of accreditation, licensure and legal requirements in order to convey to clinical leaders information that facilitates compliance.
- Think independently, organize, plan and make decisions.
- Communicate effectively which includes verbal, nonverbal, as well as listening skills
- Create project timelines, identify milestones and track project progress.
- Facilitate groups and teams effectively and promote the VCUHS Health System performance improvement processes, utilizing proven PI tools and methods.
- Design and complete data analysis methodology accurately.
- Consistently function as a role model and maintain positive interactions with all customers, colleagues, supervisors and team members.
- Actively engage in professional activities.
- Verbalize knowledge of local, federal and state laws and regulations as well as TJC standards related to their position's chief objective.
- Interpret standards and regulations related to their area of focus.
- Demonstrate aptitude for compliance with VCUHS policies, procedures and customer service philosophy.
- Collaborate with project and program leaders to achieve goals.
- Create progress reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or related clinical or academic field
- urrent license in the Commonwealth of Virginia (e.g. Registered Nurse, Pharmacist, Nurse Practitioner, Registered Dietitian, etc.) if candidate holds a professional license
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in the healthcare environment which may include hospital or clinic setting with specific experience in the following areas:
- clinical processes and/or other diagnostic and interventional treatment;
- performance improvement processes and tools;
- facilitating and/or leading interdisciplinary groups;
- leadership (formal or informal) in a healthcare organization;
- collecting, organizing and analyzing data; and
- developing and making presentations
- Previous experience using a personal computer and software application to include the Internet, e-mail, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and graphics
- Master’s Degree in healthcare field (e.g. MSHA, MPH, MSN, MHA), Quality Engineering, Business Administration or related field
- Supplemental course work in quality improvement, such as quality methodologies/tools, data analysis, patient safety, Lean, Six Sigma, quality engineering, and/or project management
- Course work in statistics
- Fellowship in Patient Safety
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality
- Certified Project Manager
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- Previous experience with organization-wide performance improvement and/or coordinating projects in an academic medical center with a wide variety of services, including ambulatory care, home care, emergency care, critical care, and inpatient care.
- Previous experience applying and explaining statistical process control tools; conducting group facilitation/presentation; and designing data collection tools
- Previous experience using mapping/flowcharting software and working with databases (e.g. Access)
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members … all 13,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and inclusion.
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you. We offer more than 400 work/life benefits including competitive pay, generous benefits, flexible work options, prepaid tuition, on-site child and elder care and much, much more.
For a full position description and to apply visit: https://www.healthcaresource.com/mcvh_i/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.jobDetails&template=dsp_job_details.cfm&cJobId=10128243
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.