Data Registry Manager
VCU Health System
VCU Health System's Performance Improvement department is seeking a full time Data Registry Manager to provide leadership, management, coordination and expertise to VCU Health clinical data registries, including those that are decentralized (managed by departments other than Performance Improvement). Directly manages clinical registry participation and associated staff for those registries that are managed centrally (through Performance Improvement Department). Centrally coordinates VCU Health participation in clinical data registries and the quality/accuracy of data submitted to registries and use of data coming from registries.
- Communicates effectively which includes verbal, nonverbal, as well as listening skills.
- Facilitates groups and teams effectively and promotes the VCU Health System performance improvement processes, utilizing proven PI tools and methods.
- Designs and completes data analysis methodology accurately.
- Consistently functions as a role model and maintain positive interactions with all customers, colleagues, supervisors, and team members.
- Verbalizes knowledge of local, federal and state laws and regulations as well as TJC standards related to their position's chief objective.
- Interprets data, standards and regulations.
- Actively engages in professional activities.
- Manages people and tasks.
- Provides effective written documents, and
- Problem solves using critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Create project timelines, identify milestones and track project progress.
- Supervises Performance Improvement Coordinators, data analysts and Program Support Assistants associated with registry data.
- Periodically supervises the daily work or work processes of other PI Coordinators/analysts, Enterprise
- Analytics analysts, and decentralized registry staff/data collectors as well as department leaders who own/manage registries.
- Early morning, late evening, and occasional weekend work will be required to fulfill responsibilities of the role.
- Current license in the Commonwealth of Virginia (e.g. Registered Nurse, Pharmacist, Nurse Practitioner, Registered Dietitian, or similar)
- Master's Degree in healthcare field (e.g. MSHA, MPH, MSN, MHA), Quality Engineering, Business Administration, or related field.
- Supplemental course work in quality improvement, such as quality methodologies/tools (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, PDSA), data analysis, patient safety, quality engineering, and/or project management.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in the healthcare environment which may include hospital and clinic setting.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with clinical healthcare quality data, in role such as abstractor, registry manager, quality manager or similar, with specific experience in quality data collection, data analysis and management, statistical process controls, performance improvement processes and tools, leading people, and facilitating groups.
- Experience independently leading, educating, and managing projects and interdisciplinary teams with all levels of staff including executives and physicians in a healthcare environment.
- Experience developing and making presentations to executive and external audiences.
- Previous experience using computers and software application to include the Internet, e-mail, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Visio, MS Project, PowerPoint), statistics and graphics.
- Coursework in statistics.
- Fellowship in Healthcare Quality or Patient Safety.
- Experience as a data registry manager or national measure abstractor.
- Experience managing organizations' participation in quality pay for performance program(s).
- Extensive experience working with various clinical data registries including medical and surgical registries
- Extensive experience managing people and processes related to clinical registries, including supervising abstractors, setting up new data collection processes, establishing/defining new metrics, querying disparate data sources, performing IRR on others and managing IRR processes, coaching/mentoring others to improve data accuracy and standardize data collection processes, using data for improvement.
- Extensive experience with performance improvement and process improvement tools and methods, including proven track record of data-driven clinical improvement successes.
- Experience as quality or safety manager/director or higher position in an academic medical center.
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members … all 13,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and inclusion.
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you. We offer more than 400 work/life benefits including competitive pay, generous benefits, flexible work options, prepaid tuition, on-site child and elder care and much, much more.
For a full position description and to apply visit: https://www.healthcaresource.com/mcvh_i/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.jobDetails&template=dsp_job_details.cfm&cJobId=10127455
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.